Sunday, January 15, 2012

Alexis Paige (Bikini Competitor and Figure Athlete/Model) interview for BryensBootCamp



1. What Inspires you?

There are so many things that inspire and motivate me.  First off, I have a lot of self motivation to look and feel the best I can while inspiring and helping other to do so as well.  I have a lot of self discipline (maybe stemming from 10 years of competitive gymnastics) and I always try my best to accomplish my goals.  In addition, surrounding myself by like minded individuals with a healthy lifestyle and similar interests is also very motivating and inspirational.  We all help each other out and keep each other motivated.  I love seeing how people with extremely busy schedules like me can make the fitness lifestyle work.  NO EXCUSES!





2. Tell us your favorite foods and what keeps you in such great shape?

I really do love eating clean.  I have always been into health and fitness, but it was not until I was introduced into the fitness competing/modeling world, where I really began to understand how to eat and work out properly.  Whether I am prepping for a competition, a photo shoot, or just every day life.  I always try to eat 5 to 6 small meals.  These meals consist of protein, carbs and healthy fats.  My favorite clean foods would have to be oatmeal (OBSESSED) and Coach's Oats are the best! I also love shrimp, salmon, and ground turkey.  I make a mean turkey chili and turkey spaghetti squash dish.  My favorite cheat food is anything sweet, especially Chex Mix, "muddy buddies" and frozen yogurt.  Also to stay in shape, I work out daily, sometimes taking a day for complete rest, sometimes doing light cardio on my rest day.  I also incorporate weight training, boxing, plyos, yoga and intervals into my routine.




3.  Everyone has them, even trainers and fitness professional athletes.  What are your vices that prohibit achieving your fitness goals?

I used to love to drink, however that is not a problem for me anymore although I do love a glass of wine every not and then.  Also, I love sweets, but what woman doesn't, right!? Working out is the easy part for me, its the diet that can be tough at times as well as the longer amount of cardio required during competition prep.






4.  How do you overcome those challenges?

The wine thing is really not a challenge, because I can easily stop drinking for a long period of time.  I still try to maintain an active social life minus the booze, which took a while to get used to at first, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.  As for the diet and sweets, I fully commit myself to following the plan that my trainer lays out for me.  Mind over matter.  When I don't want to finish my cardio, I tell mysefl that someone else is out there doing it and I better get my butt to the gym! Things that help with cravings are using different unsweetened teas, drinking tons of water, and having mint gum.  I also incoporate a cheat meal once a week to help keep me sane.  When I am not prepping for a competition, I allow myself sweets moreo ften, but try to keep my meals somewhat clean.



5.  What are your 5 "go to" exercises that you try to implement in your workouts:

1. Plyometrics during leg days
2. Sprints
3. Stair Climber (skipping every other step and intervals)
4. Delt Supersets (ex lateral side raise, and front raise)
5.  LOTS of glute exercises such as glute machine, sumo squats, curtsy squats, deadlifts, step ups, lunges.







Link In with Alexis Paige at the following social media outlets






Alexis has competed at the following levels and here are her credentials:

NPC JR USA's 2010- 1st Place Bikini A
NPC Nationals 2010- 2nd Place Bikini A
NPC JR Nationals 2011- 8th Place Bikini A
NPC Team Universe 2011- 5th Place Bikini A
NPC USA's 2011- 13th Place Bikini A
NPC Nationals 2011- 11th Place Bikini A

No comments:

Post a Comment